You’ve probably heard of Dr. Robert Atkins — he’s famous for his low-carb diet plan and weight-loss books.
But what you may not know is that Dr. Atkins got on the wrong side of medicine.
It had nothing to do with his diet advice, and everything to do with an “outlawed” therapy he used.
Let me explain…
In the early 1990s, Dr. Atkins began researching a common cancer treatment alternative doctors were using to cure patients in Germany.
While using this therapy, he cured his 77-year-old patient of breast cancer. Shortly afterward, his license to practice medicine was revoked.
But Dr. Atkins had a huge following. After a national uproar, his license was reinstated. But only after he agreed to stop using this therapy.
I’m talking about ozone.
Medical ozone has been around for 150 years. It’s been shown to be effective to treat as many as 114 diseases.1
Here’s how it works…
The air you breathe only has two oxygen molecules. That’s why it’s known as O2. But when you add an electrical charge, it forces three oxygen molecules together to form ozone or O3.
Once this charged oxygen gets into your blood, it has unique powers. It saturates your cells with high-energy oxygen. It helps restore your energy-producing mitochondria. It makes old cells young and healthy again. It charges up your immune system. It destroys infections, bacteria, fungi and viruses.
Ozone even treats insulin resistance and diabetes.
Diabetics have circulation problems. Blood flow and oxygen to their limbs is diminished. They have problems with foot wounds and gangrene. Ozone has been used with good results in the treatment of patients with diabetic foot.
But ozone therapy does much more…
You see, oxidative stress has a big role in diabetes.
An imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants can lead to insulin resistance.2 In other words, there is a close link between oxidative stress and insulin sensitivity.3 And an increase in antioxidants can improve your insulin sensitivity.
That’s where ozone comes in. It activates your antioxidant system. In one study, 101 patients with type 2 diabetes and diabetic foot wounds were divided into two groups. One group was treated with ozone therapy. The other was treated with antibiotics.
The results were striking…
After 20 days, the ozone group improved their blood sugar. In fact, their glucose levels returned to normal ranges. They had less oxidative stress. And they had more activated superoxide dismutase (SOD), a powerful antioxidant. Their foot wounds also improved. They had fewer amputations.
The researchers called ozone an “alternative therapy in the treatment of diabetes.”4
I’m excited to be offering ozone therapy here at the Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine. It’s one of the most effective healing treatments I’ve ever found. And it’s such an easy process.
As you sit on a chair in a personal sauna, steam surrounds your body and the humid heat opens your skin’s pores. This allows the ozone to penetrate directly into your bloodstream.
This is one of the most pleasant ways to get ozone into your body. If you’re in the South Florida area, just call my clinic staff at 561-784-7852 for more details.
3 Ways to Get Ozone at Home
Although it’s not as medically effective, there are ways you can harness the power of ozone at home. Here are three easy ways to do it:
- Drink ozonated water. Super-oxygenated water boosts your immune system. It also gets rid of microbes and toxins in your blood.You can make your own ozone drinking water with a machine. It’s called a “cold corona discharge ozone generator.” This process removes dangerous elements found in your tap water. I’m talking about things like bacteria, nitrates and lead. But be sure you drink it before the ozone breaks down into regular oxygen.
- Make your own ozonated olive oil paste. This oxygen-infused salve is one of my favorite healers. You can rub it on cuts, burns, sores, boils, sunburn, infections, dermatitis, and insect bites and stings. It disinfects, sterilizes, and reduces swelling and redness. And it promotes cell growth while reducing scarring.You can buy it online, but make sure it comes from pure, cold-pressed, virgin olive oil.
- Try your own ozonated magnesium cleanse. This combo of magnesium oxide is one of the best ways to ease constipation and clean out a clogged colon. The extra atom of oxygen in ozone dissolves the build-up of impacted material. And it kills off bad bacteria. The result is a relaxed, free-flowing gut. I recommend supplementing with elemental magnesium. Take four 1,000 mg capsules with water before bed. You can expect three to five bowel movements the next day.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
- 1. Elvis AM., et al. “Ozone therapy: A clinic review.” J Nat Sci Biol Med. 2011 Jan-Jun.
- 2. Salonen, JT., Nyyssonen, K., et al. “Increased risk of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus at low plasma vitamin E concentrations: a four year follow up study in men.” BMJ. 1995 Oct 28.
- 3. Ceriello A., et al. “Detection of nitrotyrosine in the diabetic plasma: evidence of oxidative stress.” Diabetología. 2001 Jul.
- 4. Martínez-Sánchez G., et al. “Therapeutic efficacy of ozone in patients with diabetic foot.” Eur J Pharmacol. 2005 Oct 31.